Debt Collector Harassment in Illinois
Here are a few of the most common ways in which debt collectors violate the FDCPA and, therefore, break the law.
• Call you before 8:00 AM or after 9:00 PM (your time);
• Talk about your debt with third parties such as family members, employers, and neighbors;
• Threaten you with actions they don’t really intend to take, such as throwing you in jail or confiscating your property;
• Yell, use abusive language, or employ racial slurs with you;
• Lie to you about the amount you owe;