Why controlling your government student loans is more important than any other credit you have.
Uncle Sam is no stranger to collecting debt and has power to collect student loan debt. If you are in default of your government or guaranteed student loans, the government can:
1. Stop you from obtaining new student loans;
2. Garnish your wages without a judgment;
3. Intercept your federal tax refund;
4. Seize any other government benefits you have such as social security;
5. Damage your credit reports and credit score;
There is no statute of limitations on the collectibility of government student loans.
They can chase you to the proverbial grave to collect its money
No private loans are enforceable like this.
Is this how you really want to live?
Of course not.
We can help you live better by controlling your guaranteed student loans.
Consult with us and learn your power:
- Know your student loans and their statuses;
- Know when to strategically request a deferment or forbearance;
- Know how to read your file on the National Student Loan Database
- Know when to consolidate your loans and which ones to consolidate;
- Know when to rehabilitate your loans
- Know the right payment plan for your particular situation;
- Know if any portion of your student loans may be forgiven and if so, how;
How our Paid Student Loan Consultations Work
Call us for a consultation. If you decide to hire us, we will schedule a second 30 minute consultation with you for $250. In that time period, we will get through as many of these items as possible for you:
a. examine your loans;
b. analyze your situation;
c. Develop one or more strategies for you to get into a better situation with your student loans. This may include:
a. lowering your monthly payment;
b. reviewing your loan for forgiveness;
c. Seeing if rehabilitation or loan consolidation make sense
d. Other ideas to meet your goals;
What we need from you prior to our initial consultation;
1. Your Credit Karma reports or Credit Karma credentials so we can examine your reports;
2. Your user name and password to your information on the NSLDS.gov (National Student Loan Database). We will share your computer screen so you can log in and show us what is contained in your file.
3. Payment for the Initial Consultation online via Visa or Mastercard.
Loan Management and Strategy
Loan payment analysis
Did you know that there are several payment options available to you to repay your student loan, depending on the type of you have and its status? There is no repayment plan that is right for everyone. We will review your loans, the statuses and develop an analysis of repayment options to find the one that suits you best.
If you have more than one loan, then you are making more than one payment, assuming you are not in default. Did you know that you may be able to consolidate these loans into a single loan with a single interest rate ad single payment? Would this benefit you? Let’s talk about it.
Are you in default of any or your student loans? That is really bad and the consequences can be immediate and grave. But take heart. We may be able to get your loan back on track and get the default notification removed from your credit report.
Student Loan Litigation Services we provide
We are a division of Credit Repair Lawyers of America. One of the largest filers of lawsuits against Credit Reporting Agencies, debt collectors and student loan servicers in Michigan. We file suits around the country against those report incorrect information on peoples’ credit reports. We will examine your credit report with you to see if there are errors and mistakes that we can fix at no out of pocket cost to you.
Stop Debt Collection
Student Loan Debt Collectors are no different than any other. Sometimes they go too far in attempting to collect a debt. They may lie to you, call you too early or too late in the day or even call a third party while attempting to collect your student loan debt. If they do, we can sue them and make them pay you damages of up to $1,000.
Have you been sued for a student loan? We may be able to defend you. Sometimes there are defenses to the lawsuit and other times, we may have to discuss other action to mitigate your losses. If you are getting sued for a debt, time is not on your side. Call us and let’s get the conversation going.
Are you already in a bankruptcy? If your bankruptcy lawyer is not familiar with student loan litigation, don’t blame him or her. This is a highly technical area of the law. If you have an “undue hardship”, we may be able to get your student loans forgiven or we may be able to lower your payment significantly. Call us and lets see if we can be of service.