“Why is important to fix my credit file?” you might ask. Do you ever plan on buying a house, a car, a boat? What about getting a new job, lower insurance rates, or even a credit card so you can rent a car or stay at a hotel? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you are going to have to have good credit.
In this post we are going to provide the top 5 quick ways to fix your credit score and how to do it without the help of one of those online credit repair companies. Think of our list as your very own “Credit Repair Kit” teaching you how to restore your credit fast.
- Start paying all of your bills on time. It’s that simple! Twenty five percent of your credit score is calculated based on timely payments. If you have been late in the past, stop!
- Look for mistakes on your credit report. Take a look at your credit report through one of the many free online services. Is there anything that you don’t recognize?
- If you find a mistake, then send a dispute letter detailing that wrong information with the credit bureaus. Be polite but demand that the incorrect information gets deleted.
- Pay off your debt! Start paying off those big balances sitting on your credit cards. Just like on time payments, 20% of your credit score is based on how much debt you are carrying. Are those credit cards maxed out? Get them paid down!
- Take a look at all of the credit inquiries on your credit report. Do you recognize them? Did you give permission to those companies to pull your credit? Credit repair companies will always send out verification request letters to the credit bureaus asking for proof that permission was granted before the credit was pulled. You can do the same thing. Again, politely but firmly demand that proof be sent to you. If they are unable or unwilling to provide proof then request that all of those credit inquiries be removed from your report.
If you are tired of saying, “I need to fix my credit score”, then start by following these 5 simple tips and watch your credit score soar!
If you have items on your credit report that don’t belong to you or are incorrect, call me, Attorney Gary Nitzkin at Credit Repair Lawyers of America. We will review your credit report for free with you. You can reach me at email@example.com or call me at (248) 353-2882.